How does a food grade peristaltic pump work?
The peristaltic pumping principle is based on the capacity of a soft elastomer hose to accept a deformation and subsequently recover its initial shape.
- The hose is the only part that is in contact with the product, meaning it’s the only part that’ll get worn.
- Seal-less design, no more damaged mechanical seals.
- The pump automatic begins self-priming on start-up, it can run dry. without the need of a water flush system.
- Thanks to its symmetrical design, can be easily be used in reverse.
- Dry running is possible, without any risk of damage.
- As only the pump hose is in contact with the fluid, can be used with acidic or basic products without any danger of corrosion.
- The elastomer hose resists abrasion better than a metallic surface, and the low running speed reduces the risk of abrasion even further.
- As transfer takes place within the tube, the product won’t encounter any agitation, making it perfect for delicate products.
- Depending on fluid density, dry-matter concentration can be up to 60%.
- The pump can cope with solid particle, up to a 1/3 of the size of the hose bore diameter.
With various pump constructions and a wide choice of elastomer hoses, the pump range allows to cover a wide variety of applications calling for heavy duty and flexibility.
The pump, thanks to their different constructions and the variety of their elastomer hoses, cover a wide range of applications requiring versatility and flexibility of use.
Easy to use and maintain, the peristaltic pumps adapts to multiple stresses of abrasiveness, corrosiveness and respect for textures. A food nitrile tube (CE 1935/2004 and FDA certified) has been developed to meet these applications.
With a low operating speed and a smooth passage through the tube, the peristaltic pumps are ideal for transferring abrasive products such as spent grains, crushed meat juices containing bone debris… They also ensure the safe transfer of fragile products (fruit pieces or slaughterhouse residues in the recovery of by-products).
PCM Delasco™ DX peristaltic pumps offer the following advantages:
- dry running,
- reduced overall cost of use (single wearing part: the tube).
The ease of maintenance of the peristaltic pump is a key factor appreciated by cosmetic product manufacturers (clay slurries, creams...)