3-Piece Sanitary High Purity Ball Valve
The hygienic design eliminates external and internal dead space allowing an easy clean.
Widely used in the field of food processing, beverage, and bio-pharmaceutical for shut-off fluids, gases, and steam. They are ideal for applications requiring a full flow body design to minimize line turbulence and pressure drop.
Fully encapsulated or cavity-filled with PTFE.
- The body is machined from a round bar 304 stainless steel using a precision CNC machine.
- High pressure applications
- Full Port design
- The design allows for serviceability without removing the complete valve from the line
- Size: 1"- 4"
- Body Material: Stainless Steel 304
- Solid stainless steel handle
- Clamp connection
- Max pressure: 600 PSI WOG
- Working temperature: -65 Degrees to 300 Degrees F
- Surface finish: All surfaces which come directly or indirectly in contact with the product are machined to 0.625 micron (25 micro inch Ra, 180 Grit)
- Seal material: PTFE
- Stem material: SS 304
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about ball valves
- Are ball valves suitable for food, dairy, beverage, and pharmaceutical applications?
Only if they have a cavity-filled seal (encapsulated seal) or available ports for cleaning with CIP/SIP.
The common ball valve has a dead space between the ball and valve body and the product can get trapped in this dead space of the valve and bacterial growth could be possible.
- Are all Tri-Clamp® ball valves sanitary or hygienic?
Not necessarily. In the market there are ball valves with Tri-Clamp® end connections that are not sanitary because they do not have the cavity-filled seal.
We recommend checking the specifications and drawings of these valves before you buy them.
| Tri-Clamp gasket
Single Pin Clamp