Tri-Clamp® 3-Way L type ball valve with pneumatic actuator
The hygienic design of the valve is widely used in the field of food processing, beverages, fruit juices, wine, bio-pharmaceutical.
There are several flexible body combinations for example, L-Port or T-Port , it can be interchangeable on-site.
3-Way Ball Valve "T" Type Flow Pattern
3-Way Ball Valve "L" Type Flow Pattern
- Fully encapsulated or cavity filled with PTFE.
- ISO 5211 Mounting Pad
- High pressure applications
- Full Port design
- The design allows for serviceability without removing the complete valve from the line
• Size: 1"- 4"
• Body and Internal Material: Stainless steel 316L
• Pneumatic actuator: Double acting.
• Gaskets: PTFE
• Temperature: -20℃ to 150℃: (-4°F to 302°F)
• Pressure: 150 PSI to 400 PSI WOG (Depending on temperature)
• Full Port Design on 1" thru 3", Reduced Port Design on 4"
• All surfaces which come directly or indirectly in contact with the product are machined to 0.625 micron (25 micro inch Ra, Grit 180)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about ball valves
- Are ball valves suitable for food, dairy, beverage, and pharmaceutical applications?
Only if they have a cavity-filled seal (encapsulated seal) or available ports for cleaning with CIP/SIP.
The common ball valve has a dead space between the ball and valve body and the product can get trapped in this dead space of the valve and bacterial growth could be possible.
- Are all Tri-Clamp® ball valves sanitary or hygienic?
Not necessarily. In the market there are ball valves with Tri-Clamp® end connections that are not sanitary because they do not have the cavity-filled seal.
We recommend checking the specifications and drawings of these valves before you buy them.
| Tri-Clamp gasket
Single Pin Clamp